You have the ability to empower your team to respond to harassment in meaningful ways. Through our harassment trainings, you will build a culture of care and action.
Artful Wellness is proud to present an engaging live experience that combines compelling story-based scenarios, micro-learning, thought-provoking interactive role plays, exercises, legal instruction and more. We go beyond compliance to produce award-winning courses that captivate your employees and effect real change.
Learning Objectives Include:
- An explanation and definition of sexual harassment under applicable state and federal law, utilizing examples and case studies.
- Examples of conduct that constitutes unlawful sexual harassment.
- A summary of federal and state statutory provisions, including remedies available to victims of sexual harassment.
- A summary of the responsibilities of employers for prevention, investigation, and corrective measures of sexual harassment.
- The illegality of sexual harassment.
- The internal complaint process of the employer available to the employee.
- The legal remedies and complaint process available through the department.
- Directions on how to contact your local agency charged with enforcing each state's civil rights laws.
Through this sexual harassment training, we help you and your business with the following:
- Mitigating Workplace Violence: Will train you and your team to recognize indicators and develop the skills and confidence they need to safely diffuse difficult situations that may arise with customers, employees, and others.
- Safe and Respectful Workplace: Will educate leaders and team on harassment, discrimination and retaliation prevention, how to report a complaint and, importantly, how to appropriately engage as a bystander.
- Unconscious Bias: Will build understanding for leaders and team members on how unconscious bias can negatively impact relationships and that there are stereotypes, both negative and positive that exist in our subconscious that can affect our behavior and perceptions.
- Anti-Bullying: Will support identification and prevention of bullying behavior of all kinds both in and outside of the workplace.
- Bystander: Will review different bystander scenarios, power dynamics, and mitigation tactics.
Artful Wellness goes above and beyond with their trainings to include the following additional supports:
De-escalation Training: If your team directly interfaces with the public — chances are they will face moments where things are heated, and they are expected to know what to do. We’ll train your team on our Observe, Breathe, Connect methodology to make sure your team is armed with de-escalation techniques so that they can show up into these moments as leaders.
Resilience Training: We’ll offer workshops to enhance your employee job satisfaction and community building for your team. Artful Wellness will provide tools for individuals to successfully manage stress, competing timelines, roles and responsibilities, while also facilitating better communication, conflict management and rapport across your team.
Digital Safety Training: We’ll teach your team how to prevent online harassment and violence through preventative measures designed to ensure their safety. We also offer training and consulting packages for management seeking to shore up their organization’s infrastructure to support their staff in the event of online harassment or violence.
Our Sexual Harassment Trainings are also available on-site. Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to schedule a training for your organization.
The Center for Creative Arts Therapy is approved as a continuing education provider for Social Workers and Counselors by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Approved Continuing Education Sponsor, (#159.001383). To learn more about continuing education, please visit our Continuing Education page.
This online course provides 2 CEUs for Social Workers and Counselors in the state of Illinois, Creative Arts Therapists and Expressive Arts Therapists. This course does not qualify for Drama Therapy or Expressive Arts Therapy coursework requirements and can not be used towards the RDT or REAT credentials.
Sexual Harassment Training (2 CEUs)
(2 CEUs) Friday, April 17th, 2020 10:00AM-12:00PM, 4336 Saratoga Avenue, 2nd Floor, Downers Grove, IL 60515 at the Center for Creative Arts Therapy.